Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Exercise and movie star

Up early and yum breakfast of my own making - rice, chopped apple, banana and nutella - a good alternative to the sandwiches the kids ate. Braved the traffic and rode about 8km to Sanur, even used most of my 6 gears as I dodged potholes and motorbikes and trucks dodged me. No aggression, just a gentle toot sometimes if a big vehicle wanted me to move over.
We watched a big bamboo structure being built last year so it's great to see it finished and now a yoga studio. I suspected I might get a discount when I said I am volunteering, but was amazed to be given a months free pass. Yoga isn't cheap here either.
Back home to heaps of visitors, a bit much but each of the 6 families brought goods or went shopping at the nearby combined Coles/Kmart equivalent. The storerooms will be bulging by the end of the school hols as I suspect this will keep up.
Final treat was Mclouds Daughter/The Circle star Michaela (meant nothing to me), here to film a segment. Should be on Friday week and will be full of very cute kids dancing and playing. Me too!
Also had fun downloading lyrics and singing along with the older boys, one of who bashed away on the piano. The kids all seem very accepting of the many visitors and volunteers. The younger ones are starting to snuggle up and the older tease me with my language attempts. Music is a great icebreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment