Thursday, September 27, 2012

The hills are alive....

with the Fräulein Maria bicycle tour in Salzburg (we've skipped 1 1/2 hours across for the day). We ride around town for 4 hours, stopping where lots of scenes from the Sound of Music were filmed. The Austrians and Germans know nothing about the movie and aren't too keen on all the tourists who want to visit for that reason - we see only one discrete sign near Liesl's glass pavilion.
We also tour an enormous old fortress. How did they build those thing?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Liesl's pavillion. 'You are sixteen, going on seventee....". I LOVE the Sound of Music. I once had a pizza in a cafe in Salzburg where they filmed the folk dance outside while the vall was happening inside. Its one of my favourite scenes (things). Have fun kids. I just spent three hours battling nettles in my garden. I think it may have been the last warm afternoon of summer (Wednesday). I see its warmer down south. Enjoy. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete